Discover the historic center of the charming city of Luxembourg. The little train - Pétrusse Express - will take you along the narrow streets to the heart of the old town. Enjoy breathtaking views during the tour.
Corona Info: you must wear a mask while sitting in the Pétrusse Express.
- Discover the old town of Luxembourg
- Stop in the "Rives de Clausen"
- Following Vauban's footsteps
- A real highlight for kids
ParticipantsMaximum 45 people per train.
- The ticket must be presented as a print or digital ticket
- +/- 45-minute journey with the Pétrusse Express - little touristic train
- Free headphones
- Audio guide available in 7 languages (Luxembourgish, French, German, English, Dutch, Spanish, Russian)
- There is no wheelchair access on the Pétrusse Express.
- Contact us and we will find the best solution for you on site.
Are you passionate about history and culture? Moyocci can you help you out.
Discover the history of the former “Gibraltar of the North” which revives while driving through the historical sites of the Old Fortress in our Pétrusse Express.
The Grand Duchy? A small country but a great history... Travel with us to the past to better understand the present. This tour of the capital follows an itinerary where each stopover in front of a symbolic site of the former "Gibraltar of the North" opens an exciting chapter.
If you decide to get off, you can jump on the next train in 30 minutes
Stop 1: Rives de Clausen
The so-called Rives de Clausen form a district of bars and restaurants, established on the site of the former Luxembourg beer brewery “Mousel”. Situated along the Alzette, the Rives de Clausen appeal to a wide variety of tastes and attract a very cosmopolitan public, which is typical for Luxembourg. The Rives de Clausen are also part of a larger plan to enhance the suburbs of the former fortress.
Stop 2: Rham Plateau
The Rham Plateau proudly overlooks three sides of the Alzette valley and offers a stunning view of the old city of Luxembourg. It has been an integral part of Luxembourg’s fortifications since the 15th century and was later expanded by Vauban with four imposing military barracks, currently used as modern and comfortable housing for seniors.
Take the opportunity to stop for a few minutes, stroll amongst the century-old plane trees, and walk up to the promontory behind the ruins of the four towers. Once at the top, you will have a breathtaking view of the old fortifications, the Holy-Ghost Citadel and the Corniche.
- Departures at the Montée de Clausen (near the entrance of the Bock Casemates)
- Departures from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am - 5 pm
- Face masks are compulsory (Covid-19)
- Contact: +352 266 51 - 2250
Montée de Clausen
Casemates du Bock
10 Montée de Clausen