Pétrusse Express + Museum Pass Combi-Ticket
Pétrusse Express + Museum Pass Combi
For your planned trip to Luxembourg, you're all set with this combi ticket! Enjoy a ride on the Pétrusse Express, alone or with your family, and discover the diversity of the 7 museums of Luxembourg City with your exclusive Museum Pass.
- exclusive ticket with admission to the 7 museums of Luxembourg City
- includes a validity of 48 hours
- beautiful views of the Old Town
Participantsmax. 45 people per train.
- The purchased ticket must either be printed or presented as a digital ticket.
- Ride on the City train, Pétrusse Express
- Audio guide in 7 languages (Luxembourgish, French, German, English, Dutch, Spanish, Russian)
- Free headphones
- Admission to 7 museums
- Temporary exhibitions in the museums
This exclusive Combi-Ticket allows you to enjoy a sightseeing tour on the touristic train - Pétrusse Express, and additionally visit the 7 museums of Luxembourg City at your convenience.
Since your ticket is valid for 48 hours, you can schedule the museum visits over the two days as you wish.However, it must be two consecutive days in the same week in which the ticket was purchased.
Departures Pétrusse Express:
From Tuesday to Sunday, 10 am - 5 pm.
Here a few useful information about the seven museums of the group " d'stater muséeën " :
- 1 - Villa Vauban – Musée d’art de la Ville de Luxembourg
The 19th-century bourgeois villa with its contemporary extension is located in the heart of the city, in the middle of a historic park inviting you to relax. The exhibitions organized at Villa Vauban draw on collections consisting mainly of 17th-century Dutch works and 19th-century French history and landscape paintings. The museum favors variable exhibition formats, allowing the works to be explored from different angles. Temporary exhibitions include loans from major international collections. A varied program of activities awaits the visitor.
- 2 - Casino Luxembourg – Forum d’art Contemporain
Casino Luxembourg – Forum d’art contemporain, the flagship contemporary art institution in Luxembourg, is dedicated exclusively to contemporary creation. The art centre holds exhibitions with an international programme of mainly younger-generation artists. The venue also houses a library and reading room (InfoLab), a bookshop, and a BlackBox projection space devoted to artists’ videos. In addition to the exhibitions, a vast programme of lectures, master classes and other encounters ensures direct contact between the artists and the public, which is essential for the comprehension of today’s art.
- 3 - Lëtzebuerg City Museum
The museum, located in the heart of the old town, is housed in a restored complex of historic houses. On three levels, partly carved in the rock, visitors discover the history of the city through original objects and topographical reconstructions as well as a mobile application. Temporary exhibitions are regularly held on the two upper levels.
- 4 - MNHA - Musée national d’histoire et d’art
In its central building, inaugurated in 2002 and three ancient town houses renovated in 2015, the National Museum of History and Art offers more than 6.000 m2 of exhibition space presenting its encyclopedic collections.
- 5 - MNHN - Musée national d’histoire naturelle ‘natur musée’
By reflecting the state of current research in natural history in general and the museum's collections in particular, permanent exhibitions provide a global perspective on current topics such as evolution and biodiversity. The new arrangement enables to better display the variety of collections and encourages a new look at nature, its history and study.The mission of the "natur musée" is to raise environmental awareness and contribute to the conservation of the natural heritage. The exhibitions serve as a direct interface between the public and the actors of scientific production in the museum, while the division of subjects now only follows scientific disciplines very freely.The collections of the National Museum of Natural History reflect more than 160 years of the Institute's history and above all the dynamism and commitment of its curators and their collaborators. Collection development can be reconstructed by comparing the various inventories established over 160 years ago with the current content of the collections. The following attributes characterize the current collection: regional, scientific, heritage, educational, aesthetic and historical.
- 6 - Musée Dräi Eechelen – forteresse, histoire, identités
An exceptional historic landmark, the restored remains of Fort Thungen, built in 1732-33, has been hosting the Museum Drai Eechelen -Fortress, History, Identities since 2012. The tour through the casemates documents the history of the fortress and its importance for the territorial development of the country and its identity. The architectural complex of the historic building itself features as the main exhibit, compromising a spectacular network of underground tunnels which remain in a state similar to its last modification in 1836/37.
- 7 - Mudam Luxembourg – Musée d’art moderne Grand-Duc Jean
Mudam Luxembourg – Musée d'Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean opened in 2006 in a purpose-built building designed by the renowned Sino-American architect Ieoh Ming Pei and located in the Park Draï Eechelen, overlooking the historic city of Luxembourg. Through its collection, exhibitions, programs and partnerships, Mudam Luxembourg aims to advance its mission to present the most relevant art of our times.
- Please note that the routing may change due to the many construction sites in the city. On our website you will always find the most important information.
- The Museum Pass can only be purchased in combination with a Pétrusse Express ticket. The pass is not sold as a separate ticket.
- Validity of the ticket: 48 hours.
- The validity of 48 hours is valid only for the visit of the museums. As for the Pétrusse Express, the ticket is valid for 1 trip.
- If you are interested in visiting a special exhibition in a particular museum, please check the relevant website.
- Contact Sightseeing Team: +352 266 51 - 2250
Departure point Pétrusse Express
10 Montée de Clausen